Smartphones are getting more sophisticated packed with sleeker designs, faster more powerful processors, compact and durable hardware and to top it off app developers and software companies are UPing their game to meet the standards of these ever-changing trends.
Ghana is no different as we have some very good products doing very well on the local scene serving a tone of different functions and needs
In this post, I bring you my top 5 Ghanaian apps in order of frequently used:
Before the introduction of the recent mobile interoperability, the Fintech App was/still is my go-to app for functions such as
- money transfers between networks
- Instant airtime and internet purchases
- Pay with ease to merchants
and my favourite Bank Direct feature
Other impressive security features include Fingerprint lock/unlock, social looking profile and a good customer service
2. Jumai Online Shopping
With over 10M downloads on Google Play, Jumai is no doubt Africas biggest shopping mall operating in over 12 African countries with ties to some of the biggest brands on the continent and beyond.
I frequently use Jumia to purchase products that one would typically have to
With products such as mobile phone accessories, electronics, men/women’s clothing, food and more this app is one of my most used when I need to check and compare prices to make purchase decisions as against convenience and pricing
With Jumai payment options include
Payment on delivery
When it comes to keeping up with the latest trends, politics, entertainment tech news and much more I turn to no other than Ghana News Yen.com.gh App
Yen App is a lifesaver for those who appreciate their time and do not want to spend it on reading from countless news websites.
The app which boasts of more than 500k+ downloads on playstore Out features and benefits:
· in-depth and breaking news coverage;
· daily news updates;
· 24/7 support;
· read preloaded news offline – save money on traffic;
· simple design with easy scrolling and swiping for an exciting reading experience;
· share stories using Facebook, Twitter, e-mail or other services;
· Customize the app according to your personal preferences;
· bookmark the news you like and read them later offline.
4,5. Tonaton & OLX
Both apps allow users to buy and sell anything from cars to mobile phones and search for property, jobs and more.
- Browse thousands of local ads in one easy-to-use app
- Search by category, location and keywords to find exactly what you want
- Connect with sellers in just one easy tap to make great deals
- Save your favourite ads for later
- Post ads fast and for free directly from your phone
- Manage all your posted ads in one place
Other features include saving on data usage with data-saving mode
I hope this list was useful. If you have any Ghanaian apps you’d like me to check out, kindly comment it below